Conveniently located to serve the areas of Dallas, TX
What are neuromodulators?
Neuromodulators are a class of substances that act on various classes of neurotransmitters and their pathways. Products like Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are neuromodulators that help relax muscles, usually around the face, for some duration of time.
How do neuromodulators work?
Neuromodulators modify the synaptic communication between neurons. In the case of a product like Botox, or Botulinum toxin A, it blocks the release of a key chemical, acetylcholine, which disrupts the signals from nerve cells to muscles. This action makes it useful to clinically treat neurological and neuromuscular disorders, as well as cosmetically smoothing facial wrinkles.
What is treatment like?
During treatment, a neuromodulator is injected into the area of treatment using a small needle. The appointment will be quick and easy, leaving you to go back to your normal routine immediately. However, it is recommended not to exercise for at least 24 hours.
Neuromodulators aftercare instructions
The goal of aftercare for neuromodulators is to ensure optimal results and minimize any swelling or bruising that may occur.
- leave the treated area alone
- avoid touching or rubbing the affected area
- maintain a normal heart rate
- avoid alcohol
- avoid other skin treatments
- gently exercise your face (smiling, frowning, raising eyebrows)
- relax for the rest of the day
- remain upright for 4 hours post-treatment
Benefits of treatment
While the primary benefits of neuromodulators is to prevent wrinkles, it can also help relax muscles that already cause wrinkles.
- remove fine lines
- reduce wrinkles
- smooth crows feet, forehead, brows
- reduce excessive sweating
Why should I choose Genesis for my treatment?
We bring over a decade of experience in helping patients increase their quality of life through our innovative treatment plans and techniques. Our practitioners:
- have extensive training and experience
- are educated on the latest technologies and techniques
- follow strenuous safety protocols
- use a holistic view of the body for treatment
- can identify and build the best treatment plan for you
- utilize very precise equipment to ensure the best outcomes