What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable substances that are primarily made from Hyaluronic Acid (HA) which is naturally produced by the body. They are used to fill and shape various parts of the body, but are commonly used in areas on or around the face.
How do dermal fillers work?
As the skin ages, it loses collagen which is filled with Hyaluronic Acid (HA) which add structure and volume to the skin. Dermal fillers are smooth gels whose primary ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid, which is used as a natural way to gently plump up lips, cheeks, brows, and other areas of the face. Dermal fillers are also used to enhance contours, soften facial creases, remove wrinkles, and improve the appearance of scars and other skin problems. The treatment helps restore the collagen loss and encourage the body to produce more collagen on its own.
What is treatment like?
During treatment, dermal filler is injected into various points on the treatment area using a small needle. The procedure usually includes a numbing agent, making it virtually painless. Most patients tolerate the treatment well, but you may experience some pain or “pinching” sensation. The appointment usually lasts about 45 minutes and you will immediately see results. Some swelling or bruising may occur.
Dermal Fillers aftercare instructions
The goal of aftercare for filler is to ensure optimal results and minimize any swelling or bruising that may occur.
- 24 hours post treatment: apply ice and sleep elevated, avoid alcohol and exercise.
- 72 hours post treatment: avoid blood thinners (with consent of MD) and continue taking arnica.
- avoid UV light and apply sunscreen
- if you must take something for pain, stick to Acetaminophen/Tylenol
Benefits of treatment
Once the dermal filler is injected, you may benefit from the following:
- smooth, firm skin
- reduced fine lines
- minimize wrinkles and naso-labial folds
- minimal downtime
- less treatments (longer lasting results in some cases)
Why should I choose Genesis for my treatment?
We bring over a decade of experience in helping patients increase their quality of life through our innovative treatment plans and techniques. Our practitioners:
- have extensive training and experience
- are educated on the latest technologies and techniques
- follow strenuous safety protocols
- use a holistic view of the body for treatment
- can identify and build the best treatment plan for you
- utilize very precise equipment to ensure the best outcomes
- Voluma XC
- Restylane Lyft